Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Official Name for Car Ice Chunks

These warm, sunny days of February are nice. But, they do have their hazards. One, is those chunks of ice and snow that fall from cars, and can land in your path as you drive down the highway.

Some people call them ice chunks, others call them bumper boogers. So, what is their official name? State Patrol Sergent Curt Mowers says they call them "Untimely, Discharge, Frozen Vehicle Collective Debris. Or, ice chunks.

Sergent Mowers tells KLKS news, he is not aware of any causing serious accidents. But they can be responsible for damage under the car.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Powered by Blogger


Home | Schedule | News | Weather | Streaming | Contests | Home Shopping | Obits | Trips | Events | Service

Advertise with Us | About | Contact | Directions | FAQ | Site Map | Links | EEO

Copyright 2007 KLKS. All rights reserved.

Explore Brainerd Lakes

Site Meter