Friday, May 9, 2008

Paul Bunyan Bobber Search Clue #5

Today is the big day!... The Governor is coming, the unveiling of Babe’s statue, and a community picnic! I sure hope that Bernice had a chat with Sourdough Sam so she’d know how much grub to make. For lunch, I usually have 75 lbs. of fried potatoes, 45 lbs. of T-bone steak, 60 lbs. of ham, 16 large loaves of bread, 13 dozen eggs (I’ve been trying the Adkins diet), and of course, 12 Mary Etta pies. I like to wash it all down with 10 gallons of strong black coffee! Yum!

I’m really getting worried though. I still can’t find my bobber. Have you had any luck? I was also starting to fret that winter would never end! I remember the winter that was so cold our words froze in mid air. We had to wait until spring to finish talking to each other!

Did you find something tall that Doc Sherman can stand on to look inside of Babe’s mouth? He really is gettin’ cantankerous with that baling wire stuck in his mouth. I think that the old fire tower would be just about tall enough, but Doc would have to go to the very top and stand on his tippy-toes. If Doc faced east maybe the breezy from the south would blow Babe’s bad breath away.

Did you ever hear the story of the bear that climbed all of the way to the top of the fire tower? He was so scared that he decided to just stay up there and hibernate. I wonder if he’s woken up yet? Be careful if you ever go up there!

I sure hope that somebody finds my lucky bobber today. If you do, track down Sue Galligan at the Chamber. She’ll have a basket of goodies fer ya and she’ll give me a holler. Thanks everybody for helpin’ me find my bobber. Good luck fishin’ tomorrow. Remember, Notorious Nate is mine! - Paul Bunyan -

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

1 Comments:

At May 16, 2008 at 1:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering if/and who/where the Paul Bunyans Bobber was found. Do you print or or have online somewhere the clues with there explanations?
Thank you
Steve H

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Powered by Blogger

 

Home | Schedule | News | Weather | Streaming | Contests | Home Shopping | Obits | Trips | Events | Service

Advertise with Us | About | Contact | Directions | FAQ | Site Map | Links | EEO

Copyright 2007 KLKS. All rights reserved.

Explore Brainerd Lakes

Site Meter