Monday, April 13, 2009

Tax Extension for Flood Victims and Volunteers

People who live in the flood areas of Northwestern Minnesota, and those who volunteered to help can get an extension in filing their tax returns. Carrie Resch of the St. Paul IRS office tells KLKS News, they have until May 15th.

The rest of us may get an extension to file the return after April 15th. But, an estimated payment to the IRS must be made by this Wednesday.

Resch reminds last minute filers to check their math, include social security numbers, attach all necessary documents, and sign and date the form before filing.

Refunds for those filing electronically takes about 10 days. For those who file by mail, the wait is around six weeks.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Powered by Blogger


Home | Schedule | News | Weather | Streaming | Contests | Home Shopping | Obits | Trips | Events | Service

Advertise with Us | About | Contact | Directions | FAQ | Site Map | Links | EEO

Copyright 2007 KLKS. All rights reserved.

Explore Brainerd Lakes

Site Meter