Monday, May 5, 2008

Not Wearing Seat Belt Could Become Primary Offense

Not wearing a seat belt could become a primary offense this year. A member of the Minnesota Senate has offered the bill to the Transportation Policy Bill now in conference committee. If the bill is accepted by the House, a motorist could be stopped and cited for not wearing a seat belt. To get a seat belt ticket now, the driver has to be stopped for another violation. Roughly 85% of Minnesotans buckle up now. The State Office of Traffic Safety said the other 15% account for most of the traffic crash fatalities.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Powered by Blogger


Home | Schedule | News | Weather | Streaming | Contests | Home Shopping | Obits | Trips | Events | Service

Advertise with Us | About | Contact | Directions | FAQ | Site Map | Links | EEO

Copyright 2007 KLKS. All rights reserved.

Explore Brainerd Lakes

Site Meter